Professional Members are entitled to benefit from:
1. Displaying Post Nominal Professional credentials (letters) pertaining to the members allocated membership grade.
2. Access to a wide spectrum of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) based education training and qualification facilities, ranging from basic Awareness level Accreditation/Reaccreditation Certification to Bachelor Degree level equivalent Diploma awards that are independently validated by an Ofqual registered body, the Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE), which provides members with a means of maintaining their existing membership status and elevating their status to a higher membership grade thereby enhancing their career prospects subject to fulfilment of the necessary qualifying criteria (other than in very exceptional circumstances).
3. Access to a survey related technical backup support Building Pathology Forensic Expert Witness Mediation/Arbitration service.
4. Access to the Institutes complimentary legal and accountancy insurance cover should HMRC instigate an inquiry regarding the members Self Assessment Taxation submission.
5. Access to a wide range of discounted Insurance (including Professional Indemnity Insurance) and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) facilities.
6. Access to Institute generated Public Enquires subject to possession of the applicable specialist competence rating.
7. The highest possible level of pride in holding membership of an Institute that provides the highest possible level of reassurance to clients and is in a position to influence UK government policy regarding the construction of new buildings and the Condition Assessment, Repair, Maintenance, Improvement and Conservation of the Built Environment. This via the Institutes membership (one of only 32 full members) of both the Construction Industry Council (CIC) which has its own office in the UK Government Houses of Parliament and the International Council of Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and its unique partnership with the National Health Service (NHS) via the sister Institute of Buildings and Health (IOBH) and the National Aspergillus Centre (NAC) facility based at the NHS University Hospital Wythenshawe Manchester England.
8. Independent recognition of the members Professional Competence Rating and commitment to providing their service in a manner consistent with Best Practice and Honest/Ethical behaviour which maximises client satisfaction and minimises litigation risks.
9. Displaying both the ISSE logo and reference to Professional membership on the members personally headed documentation.