Professional membership is subject to prior receipt of certain documentation /information necessary to confirm satisfaction of the relevant membership category criteria as shown on the membership page. These can be provided either:
on-line via the ISSE website
by email via [email protected] , or
by post to ISSE, Amity House, 156 Ecclesfield Road, Chapeltown, SHEFFIELD S35 1TE
The following documents are required to support your application and to confirm your ID:
- Your contact details Click here to complete the online form now.
- A copy CV or career history narrative Click here to upload now.
- Copies of any existing academic or vocational qualification certificates Click here to upload now.
- Copies of any Continuous Professional Development (CPD) attendance certificates awarded, particularly within the last 3 years Click here up upload now
- Copies of at least 4 example survey reports or other documentation necessary to confirm the range of specialisms and complexity of the service currently provided Click here to upload now
- Confirmation as to whether or not you require receipt of public enquiries generated by the ISSE and if yes:-
i) Confirmation of the geographical area in which such enquiries are required Click here to fill in the area(s) you cover on our postcode related reference sheet.
ii) A copy of a prevailing Professional Indemnity Insurance cover policy Click here to upload now
7. Confirmation of commencement of membership subscriptions this can be arranged by way of credit card payment via the ISSE website or by phoning the admin office contact number 0114 245 5552 during the office opening times - Mon - 10.00 am to 4.30 pm, Tues 10.oo am to 4.00 pm, Wed/Thu - 10.00 am - 2.00 pm.
8. Please also supply the following documents for your proof of ID. Click here to upload now
i) A copy of your Passport or driving licence, digitally scanned into the computer.
ii) A Utility bill, dated within the last 3 months to confirm your private address.
iii) A recent passport style/standard photo, which is at least 45 mm x 35 mm (vertically and horizontally respectively) for your ID card.
NB: Should you experience any difficulty in collating and/or submitting the above documentation, it is possible to apply for membership by commencing membership subscriptions and providing the requisite documentation/information, either part or whole, at a later stage thereby taking advantage of professional membership benefits eg: The complimentary investigation legal/accountancy costs protection insurance cover in the event that HMRC investigate an inquiry in respect of your Tax Return (usually costing substantially more than the ISSE annual membership subscription when purchased individually from other sources) and access to a wide range of education, training and qualification programmes.
Although this may subject to the documentation omitted temporarily delay your eligibility to receive a membership certificate, publically advertise your membership, display the relevant post-nominal initials, display the ISSE logo, access Institute technical support complaints resolution and mediation/arbitration services. and/or receive post-nominal initials and/or receive institute generated enquiries, subject to the documentation omitted.