Professional membership is subject to prior receipt of subscriptions. After which we require the following necessary documentation to confirm satisfaction of the relevant membership category criteria as shown on the membership page. These can be provided either:
by email via [email protected], or
by post to ISSE, Amity House, 156 Ecclesfield Road, Chapeltown, SHEFFIELD S35 1TE
NB: Should you experience any difficulty in collating and/or submitting the above documentation, it is possible to provide the requisite documentation/information, either in part or whole, at a later stage thereby taking advantage of professional membership benefits eg: The complimentary investigation legal/accountancy costs protection insurance cover in the event that HMRC investigate an inquiry in respect of your Tax Return (usually costing substantially more than the ISSE annual membership subscription when purchased individually from other sources) and access to a wide range of education, training and qualification programmes.
You should note that all members are initially given Affiliate Membership level which does not convey any post-nominal letters or any use of the Institute Logo, etc.
Although this may subject to the documentation omitted temporarily delay your eligibility to receive a membership certificate, publically advertise your membership, display the relevant post-nominal initials, display the ISSE logo, access Institute technical support complaints resolution and mediation/arbitration services. and/or receive post-nominal initials and/or receive institute generated enquiries, subject to the documentation omitted.
The following documents are required to support your application and to confirm your ID:
1. Your contact details. Click here to complete the online form now.
2. A copy CV or career history narrative. Click here to upload now.
3. Copies of any existing academic or vocational qualification certificates (as applicable). Click here to upload now.
4. Copies of any CPD attendance certificates awarded, particularly within the last 3 years (as applicable). Click here up upload now
5. Copies of at least 4 example survey reports or other documents necessary to confirm the range of specialisms and complexity of the service that you currently provide or intend to provide in future. Click here to upload now
6. Confirmation as to whether or not you require receipt of public enquiries generated by the ISSE and if yes:-
i) Confirmation of the geographical area in which such enquiries are required. Click here to fill in the area(s) you cover on our postcode related reference sheet.
ii) A copy of a prevailing Professional Indemnity Insurance cover policy. Click here to upload now
This information/documentation can be submitted to us by either photocopy, scanning, or digital photography via computer or phone, to [email protected].uk or via post to ISSE, Amity House, 156 Ecclesfield Road, Chapeltown, South Yorkshire, S35 1TE.
7. Confirmation of commencement of membership subscriptions this can be arranged by way of credit card payment via the ISSE website or by phoning the admin office contact number 0114 245 5552 during the official opening times - Mon - 10.00 am to 4.30 pm, Tues 10.oo am to 4.00 pm, Wed/Thu - 10.00 am - 2.00 pm.
NB: We have recently introduced a vulnerable client proof of I.D. card scheme which you may wish to access and if so you will need to provide us with copies of the following:
- A copy of your passport of driving licence. Click here to upload now
- A copy of a utility bill, dated within the last 3 months to confirm your private address. Click here to upload now
- A copy of a recent passport style/standard photo, which is at least 45mm x 35mm (vertically and horizontally respectively) for your ID. Click here to upload now
This information/documentation can be submitted to us by either photocopy, scanning, or digital photography via computer or phone, to [email protected] or via post to ISSE, Amity House, 156 Ecclesfield Road, Chapeltown, South Yorkshire, S35 1TE.